9.07.2012

"Pinterest is like Forever 21" & other observations

   My girl Shel so brilliantly defined that last night.

Pinterest
Forever 21

   I mean, how can you even fully look at either of those things? Kinda stressing me out a little just looking at it! Good thing I haven't been shopping much so I don't have to deal with that stress (this is me completely in denial). 

   On perusing Forever 21 on Google, I also found this:
How funny is that? Blogging seems to be like a inside joke for the rest of the world.

Other observations from today:
- "America doesn't have fashion. We just take hand-me-downs from Europe." - From class. Thoughts?
- Today I have straightened my hair for the first time since VEGAS. That's like four months people! I remembered how much I hate doing it, and how I think of all the other things I could be doing during it.
- Giant slices of pizza are my happy place. I'm also seriously craving donuts, haven't worked at the Den in a while.
- I have 14 people following my blog! AH! People are reading this! You guys are the best! I like to hover over each of you and name you by name (is this weird, do I need more hobbies)?

   Once again, we've reached the weekend. Hope yours is fantastic! 
SHARE:

6 comments

The Braided Bandit said...

I love your writing style its so entertaining to read! I TOTALLY feel ya on the F21 and pinterest thing! When I go into that store, though I like a lot of the styles, I feel like I am going to have a panic attack with all the 15 year old girls and SO MUCH TO LOOK AT. As for pinterest, I joined a few months ago but still rarely go on, as it too is hard for me to look at. Loving the comparison!
Happy Friday and have an amazing weekend!
xo Hannah

Elana said...

Woah, this actually makes PERFECT sense. Both are so overwhelming, but such guilty pleasures. I'm not sure what to think of the "America doesn't have fashion" thing. On one hand, I agree that we take A LOT of our trends from Europe, but also we feel like we have a really strong sense of personal style and take a lot of inspiration from street style. That's a pretty thought-provoking statement. And yay 14 followers! Wooot, Priya!

Priya said...

That is one of the most genuine compliments I have recieved on my blog! Thank you Hannah! I'm so glad to have you reading along :) and Forever 21 is the worth the guaranteed panic attacks, right?

Priya said...

Yeah I think there is a definite "denim, casual cool" American type of style. I thought that was an interesting statement too, I wanted to see what other people thought! Thanks Elana. I'm hitting the big time but I won't forget you!!

Savannah Lampley said...

so i'm procrastinating and happened upon your blog via facebook, and i have really enjoyed reading it! especially seeing your outfit pictures. cute combos! a+ style choices.

when i saw the statement about america not having its own style, i just wanted to chip in with some thoughts. :) i went to paris for 10 days this spring, and i just got back from a 4 day trip to NYC this past weekend. when i compare the two fashion-wise, i think there is a definite difference between american fashion vs. european styles! something about american fashion seems a little more bold / discordant at times / colorful / fast paced, whereas parisian / euro fashion is a little more relaxed at times, subdued, matching, but still grungy and chic.

Priya said...

I am just now seeing that you commented on my blog, thanks Savannah!!

I totally agree with you (I have become an adult since I wrote this post.) while I would say America has TONS of influence from Europe, the "American style" is pretty fun and laid-back. I think denim is quintessentially American, and the rest of our style flows from there.

Blogger Template by pipdig