1.08.2013

new year, new semester, etc.

IMG_1071
 
    Well, I'm not gonna say "yesterday was my last first day of school ever!" because I've already had that post, however, it kinda was, what with having new classes, realizing I don't have to register for classes again or fill out my FAFSA, and writing "GRADUATION" in my planner on May 4th.
    Also I won't bore you with the details of the thoughts I've had lately, about what I will be doing when I graduate. I can't say I'm worried, necessarily, more just anxious to see what I will be doing. I shouldn't worry, because life will go on, I'm sure I'll be happy, and it'll all be ok.
    I think more than anything I feel slightly overwhelmed, because there are so many options, Then also, stressed because what I really WANT to do and what I'll NEED to do aren't really the same thing. Having hobbies like journaling and blogging and...fashion (is that a hobby? That sounds pretentious. Being into clothes, I guess?) are great because they are low-risk outlets to pursue what you are really interested in. Ideally, I would love a career that allows me to be creative. But, we'll see.                                  
    After having two days of class and being the passionate (read: emotional) person that I am, today I got a little panicky and realized this semester could be difficult and I'll have to get up early and make decisions blah blah blah. Isn't it amazing how fast you can go from feeling like you're on top of the world to thinking it's the worst day ever?
    I told myself a few things that are absolutely no-brainers: Priya, when you have an 8 o'clock class, if you stay up late, you will hate yourself in the morning. Priya, comparing yourself to other people is a terrible idea, have a little more confidence. Priya, you shouldn't have a care in the world because this is a GREAT place in your life, with great friends, a warm home, and a loving boyfriend and family. Also Priya, wearing the same pants two days in a row is not the end of the world. Sometimes I have these little talks with myself and they really help!

   So, that's what's on my mind lately. Thought I would keep it real with a little heart-to-heart so I can look back and think, Priya, your life turns out just fine so noooo worries!
IMG_6300
Also, I have become a chicken wing FIEND lately. I used to never eat them, because I don't like food that is super messy, until this one night (pretty sure I blogged about it) when I was craving them out of nowhere. And now, I've had them three times this past week. So, someone please stop me.

Last night I had a dream that I met Christina Aguilera, and I really wanted her to meet Hunter (because he loves the song "Beautiful" don't tell anyone I told you that) and I said to her "I've never been a Britney girl." Blame it on the hot wings! They give me crazy dreams!!

Still in a technology crisis with my iPhone/a course I'm taking is an iPad course so we all got iPads for the semester. Yes, it is awesome, but now I'm overwhelmed by all this technology and how to use it.

Also I think I left my pencil pouch with all my good Sharpie pens and highlighters at home. That is all.
SHARE:

13 comments

Katherine said...

I get like that with food - recently it has BBQ chips. I hated them my entire life and recently started loving them

<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Larissa said...

Hey!
Thanks for your comments! I totally know what you are writing about... I just arrived yesterday here in Ohio and yesterday I really felt like I'm on top of the world... today I got to know how many classes I have to take and how much work I have to done. And even though school did not even start, I feel like I will never be able to manage all this and I feel quite bad.
But I guess this is just life... then when things are done and everything is over you will tell youself that you do not understand how you could ever have doubted. ;)
Actually, I've been to Nashville in 2007. I liked it a lot! But Ohio is also fine ;)

xx

Priya said...

I've always had a thing for those too, haha

Priya said...

Thanks for your comment Larissa! Glad I'm not the only one. Ah I didn't realize you've been to Nashville before! And that you're in Ohio for school, where are you studying?

Caroline Susanto said...

nice pic! Hopefully, you can find the inspiration to know what you aim to do for! :)

Caroline
http://missoline.com

ALLIE NYC said...

Oh Lordy I remember filling out those forms!! Ha your dream was funny. Good luck with your last semester?

Ali of:

www.aliandang.com

Marlen said...

aww i remember those times! when i graduated i was a total nervous mess, but i think that could be expected for anyone transitioning into a new experience. but seeing the GRADUATION date in your scheduler is so, so exciting! the best of luck to you my dear :))

Karen said...

Priya! I can totally relate to the anxiety/frenzy surrounding graduation. I was just there. But you're handling it with more poise than I did so I know you'll come out on top. I'm so excited for you because even with the uncertainty, the whole process of graduating is infinitely more exciting and rewarding. All the best girl!!:-)

grlcreative.com.mx said...

Great blog dear! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin and fb if you want...just let me know :3 <3
MARC JACOBS GIVEAWAY!

NEW POST UP!

Priya said...

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Priya said...

Yup it is my last semester! Thanks!

Priya said...

thank youu Marlen! I am, very, very excited!

Priya said...

ah thanks Karen, I don't know if that's poise, but I appreciate your kind words very much!!

Blogger Template by pipdig