10.02.2013

nyr check: September

It's that time of the month again (and not that time of the month)! I know this is so cliche and time always moves fast, but September really flew by! I feel like I was just visiting my brothers over Labor Day weekend, and now they'll be in Nashville already next weekend!
Untitled
September adventures {clockwise}: nights out in Nashville, roomie's bday ambush, road-trip with Huntee, dog-sitting these buddies! 

(If you're interested in viewing the other months, here they are!)
(This is mostly to keep myself in check although you're welcome to share encouragement/criticisms/keep me accountable!)

Here are my resolutions for the year, with my personal commentary for the month added in:
1. Ride my bike more. [I have had some magnificent bike rides in the beautiful end-of-summer beginning-of-fall weather! I haven't explored our Greenway completely yet, but it's a Saturday date waiting to happen. I am completely in love with my new neighborhood, and still have lots to explore!]
2. Send something to my Mummo [Finnish grandma] every month. [This got a bit delayed but I did mail her a postcard from Catalina Island on the 30th. Ooh, Mummo also sent me a postcard which always makes my day, though I have to get my mom to translate it.]
3. Remember all my friends/families birthdays. [September is a busy month for birthdays, with my sister Galina, my friend Rachel, and my Roomie Amanda! Galina and Rachel got bday packages, and Amanda got cupcakes from The Painted Cupcake.]
4. Read a book every month. [...what is it about blogging that makes reading so dang hard? I have new books to read, I truly want to, and I don't. Omg there are literally only 3 months left this year. I need to get with it.]
5. Only buy what I need & get rid of what I don't need [Hmm, I don't think I bought anything this month. Wait, I bought a Virginia is for Lover's t-shirt, does that count? Otherwise, I won a giveaway via Marlen's blog (cannot wait to share the spoils!!), and kept myself in check otherwise!]
6. Be confident. [To be honest, it's been a difficult month in this department. Sometimes the job search is discouraging and otherwise I can't quite put my finger on what has made me feel uninspired but still too busy. I will say that in the past week, I have felt the best I have in a couple months. Maybe some exciting things are around the corner, let's hope!]


Thank you for reading and for making perfectly PRIYA a fun place! I adore each of you readers! 
SHARE:

2 comments

Andrea Fer said...

Priya!!! You are beautiful, have a winning personality, and are such a loving person!!! No need to NOT be confident!!!!

Priya said...

:D thank you my dear!! You are a sweetheart!

Blogger Template by pipdig