10.22.2014

Graphic Tee Week #4: The Band Tee

Welcome to Graphic Tee Week, Day 4 and happy little Friday! 

Ah, band tees. I've loved them since I started seriously loving music, around 7th grade. I have a host of band tees I think I would have rather worn on this day (Fall Out Boy, Something Corporate, Panic! At The Disco, The Academy Is...) but they're all at my parents house. So Owl City 2009 North American Tour will just have to do (any Saltwater Room fans out there??) I should also note that this outfit appears to be the less-cool version of this outfit. 
 photo 1967EF03-A2D3-42A3-8F01-854B858D97D7_zpsffn2sq7z.jpg
| glasses: Amazon | tee: merch table! | trench: Gap Factory | skirt: F21 | boots: from Carina | 

After all those disclaimers, I'm amazed you're still reading! Because of the usual "tough" nature of band tees, (I say that, and this one is baby shower yellow), I love pairing them with a sweet skirt. This juxtaposed look works out pretty much every time. The boots and trench were two variables that came together after I walked outside and it was in the 40s. 
 photo 09613FFB-8FDD-46CA-B45B-AA5B8251569C_zpswhoulnyr.jpg
Other outfit completer ideas for a band tee: a leather jacket to maximize the "angsty groupie" vibe, a sparkly statement necklace that says "just like Marissa Cooper, I dress like a prep but I like good music". If anyone gets the reference (to the show, OR the specific scene I'm referring to) you win my blog forever and ever. Graphic Tee week is growing weirder by the day, it seems.  
 photo 6962E0DB-5322-4411-A7E2-8741480B66FF_zpshgqnlqj6.jpg
*photos edited with VSCOCam and taken by my Kelley Lovebug*

You can view Graphic Tee Week #1-3 here: The Rand-Me-Down // The HS Fave // The Forev Fave.
Follow along with my co-host Andi here!

Tune in tomorrow for the conclusion of Graphic Tee Week: The Foreign Gift. Thanks to everyone who has linked up & been reading along so far, and don't forget, you can link up your graphic tee outfits through this weekend!
SHARE:

8 comments

Chelsey Patti said...

Awe, this is such a cute idea!!! Your graphic tee looks great! I have a cute one that would've been perfect- shoot!
-Chelsey
-http://chelseypatti.blogspot.com

Andi said...

I feel like we could be pretty good music friends! I like the pretty skirt with the band tee!

Isabella said...

SO CUTE! I love the sweet cartoony elements (those shades and that T were meant for each other) mixed with the grown-up trench and boots. Seriously creative styling.

~Isabella
adventuresinhel.blogspot.fi 

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

i have a few band tees from my high school days! I should totally wear them again! That tee is adorable!
~Sara

Elegance and Mommyhood said...

Such a fun and polished way to dress up a graphic tee, Priya. Love the tee, trench and fun glasses.

Pleasure joining you and Andi, a couple of times this week. I'd love for you to check out my looks and welcome by. Thanks and enjoy the weekend! Ada. =)

Jessica @ Here&Now said...

You and your band tees are the cutest! I love band tees for all the reasons you listed! Rock on little lady!
xx
Here&Now

Priya said...

I totally agree, we could!

Priya said...

Thanks so much for linking up with us!!

Blogger Template by pipdig