7.24.2015

Money in the Bank

 photo IMG_8730_zpsab7dxyeo.jpg
 photo IMG_8727_zpsoqfe9zk9.jpg
 photo IMG_8723_zpsan7wthkm.jpg
| necklace: gift (J.Crew) | t-shirt: Madewell via Carina | skirt: thrifted | shooties: Payless | purse: H&M (super old) | 

IF ONLY this outfit were literal money in the bank. That would sure be helpful for my credit card bill next month, which documents baby showers, birthdays, bridal showers, bachelorette parties, and flights to California. And I did a little (" ") online shopping. Do I have regrets? Well, talk to me on the 15th of the month when that bill is due. I DID emerge with my favorite pieces from the Old Navy summer collection, and a new resolve to not buy anything else for the rest of the year (I know, I know, you've heard that one before), AND to wear out my closet. But more on that later.

Life is pretty grand, when I can dress like a Valentine/popsicle and meet Huntee for Thai food for Friday lunch. I had been dreaming of Thai food all week, so when he suggested we meet up on Friday, it was all I could do to not scream YES! And I've been dreaming about lunch since yesterday morning. What does that mean, exactly? Maybe that I don't have a lot going on??

I don't think it's news that color-blocking is my favorite trend of all time. I wore a very similar outfit last summer, this outfit is loosely based on this pin, and here's my very first baby attempt at color-blocking! More than anything this outfit was inspired by Mindy Kaling absolutely killing it at Cannes. MY QUEEN. As soon as I realized this color combo existed, I needed it in my life.

Last thing- you can't really see it, but my co-worker gave me some Matte lip color (her ipsy reject, same as this, basically) and it's so neat! When you first put on matte lip gloss, it goes against the laws of lip color...until you realize it's freaking awesome and you feel like Kylie Jenner or something.
 photo IMG_4688_zps5cdezxif.jpg photo IMG_4686_zps1zqppunu.jpg
Said Thai lunch at The Smiling Elephant. Nashvillians that have never been: stop what you're doing. GO. 

Well, we're minutes away from a weekend where I'll be babysitting, celebrating wbfflirl Art's birthday all day tomorrow (and Litton, the intern, going back to college), then baby showering, making taco salad for lunch bunch, and generally getting my life together on Sunday! Mazel!! 
SHARE:

5 comments

reshma said...

I've had taco salads 3 days this week (not sure why). Color-blocking is probably one of my favorite trends too! I love this look and the bag. Have a great weekend! :)

Ash @ The Nashvillian said...

I'm one of those people who have never been to Smiling Elephant. Although, I have had a taste of their Pad Thai once, but I really really need to go!

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

This color combo is the bomb.com!! It's bright and cheery and I'm coming to your closet to borrow this right now!
~Sara

Priya said...

Haha, deal! I love colorblocking because it's so easy to do. No doubt you have a solid top and bottom you could pair together in your closet! Still, you can come over :)

Larissa said...

Oh I just scrolled trough all your last posts up to this one and I am afraid I cannot comment on all of them but let me tell you that I LOVE all outfits (the flower shirt ist my favorite... :)) and the pictures from the wedding are just amazing amazing amazing! So beautiful!
I hope you are doing just wonderful pretty Priya :)
xx
Larissa

Blogger Template by pipdig