1.29.2016

Heart on my...Hosiery

KQ2A0454
KQ2A0451
KQ2A0453
| sweater: Urban Outfitters | dress: ASOS | belt: vintage from Finland | tights: Old Navy | socks: knit by my great Aunt Maila :) | booties: Target |


Guys, I have some GREAT news!

But first, a little backstory. 

For my day job in operations/talent at an email marketing company, one (of many) things I do is manage our event space (p.s. if you're in Nashville or otherwise and interested in booking, email me! Might be able to give you the blogger discount :) 

Recently I got an email from a co-worker who was interested in booking the space for a portrait session. I immediately messaged her and said "You're a photographer?! I'm a blogger!" 

let's get together, yeah yeah yeah 

Adriane is a darling who I've worked with for a couple years, and chatted with in passing; but our friendship really hit it off when I really hit her off the sidewalk at our holiday party. Ridiculous heels + imbibery + you fill in the blanks. Besides that, our party went off without a hitch, by the way. 

She is seriously the most creative person; besides photography, she makes jewelry and all sorts of crafty goodies! Adriane has a new lens she'd been wanting to try out, and I happily obliged. We've been doing super quick shoots outside the office, and so far, it's worked out perfectly!

So HOORAY for wonderful photos, with a lovely & talented photographer, in the daylight, on the day I'm actually wearing an outfit! When I told Hunter he may never have to take photos for me again :) he said, "oh good, now we can spend more quality time together." Ha. 


I picked up these tights for super cheap at Old Navy recently, and can't help but be in a good mood when I wear them. The nice thing is, though they're printed, they're neutral, so I don't look completely "Candyland character" when I wear them. Not that I'm opposed to that. I actually think Queen Frostine or Lolly would make excellent Halloween costumes! 

I have to tell you really quick that my mom's aunt Maila, who knit these socks and gave them to me when we were in Finland, is 80 years old, with a sparkling personality, and quick as a whip. My mom & I walked to her apartment from my grandparent's house, in that precarious slot of the day after coffee time and before dinner. Maila set out a beautiful fruit tart she had made, my mom whispered "Don't stuff yourself with cake before dinner!" and Maila retorted (in Finnish) "Don't listen to your mom, eat as much cake as you want!" My. Kinda. Woman! Oh, here she is:
IMG_0036
Mom, Maila, Vieno, Jaana, Leena


So I'm actually in Denver right now, spending the weekend with my friend Rachel (I know, this post is even more all over the place than normal!) Have a wonderful weekend, be back Tuesday! 
SHARE:

7 comments

Meghan @ Hayes Days said...

Omg you referenced Parent Trap. Yessssss. Personally I think the purple with all the neutral is so cute. Great choices together.

Joanna said...

That song will be in my head the rest of the day. I ain't even mad.

Lauren @ Exploring My Style said...

I love your aunt already! She sounds like a crack up! That is so cool about your photographer co-worker. I'm sure that friendship will come in handy!

I am SO glad you came to Denver! I had a blast meeting you and meeting Rachel and her friends. Kevin really clicked with Will! You are so sweet and exactly how I thought you would be! :)

Unknown said...

you are so cute..i love how you you put together your outfit. im visiting denver/boulder in March, hope you share some good eats/things to do there.

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

All of your outfits are so freaking adorable!!! I absolutely LOVE this outfit! You look too cute! :)
~Sara

Emily said...

I love this look so much that I am seriously contemplating buying heart print tights right now so I can steal it. Is that weird?

http://blog.breadandrosesvintage.com

Jessica @ Here&Now said...

heart hose + handmade socks!? You are literally the cutest!

Blogger Template by pipdig