6.04.2016

and with it, brand new leaves

KQ2A8576
KQ2A8592
KQ2A8601
KQ2A8596
KQ2A8577
| earrings: Old Navy | cardi: secondhand Target | dress: from Galina | watch: c/o JORD | flats: Old Navy | 


I suppose a quick note about this outfit is in order to start- in switching my cold weather/warm weather clothes out, I'm doing that "if I can't wear this tomorrow it has to go" thing. Both of these pieces had to prove their worth! I actually love how this pattern and color mixing came together, along with the bow layered with the sweater! Guess they earned their keep, for now. This outfit really made me feel like Emma Pilsbury- anyone? Anyone? 


With the hazy humidity and violent thunderstorms, Nashville weather leaves something to be desired, sure. But I can't help but love just how GREEN everything is right now! The seasons around here pretty much explode, which has been a delight to me since I came over from Northern California (where the seasons kinda sizzle, thought the weather is pretty much perfect year round.) I don't ever recall seeing this much widespread greenery in California (and certainly not lately, with the water troubles they've been having!) The lush green just makes me feel rejuvenated. Which is timely, because:

I'm gearing up for my birthday weekend and totally freaked out about it. 

In an effort to calm myself down and get my ish together, I've been searching [Pinterest] high & low for a mantra for year 25. I'll share that soon...but while I was looking, I came across this poem I first read years ago and has stayed on my mind since. 
newleaves

And that brings us to the title of this post. 
SHARE:

3 comments

Edye Nicole said...

I can totally see a little Emma Pilsbury coming out ;) Love this look <33

Blessings,
Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

Sara Strauss {Sincerely, Sara} said...

1. Your hair is amazing! 2. That dress is SUPER cute on you!
~Sara

Ashley @TheCreamToMyCoffee said...

I love this outfit for two reasons 1. the mix of prints is just perfect and 2. because I love green so much. So, so cute!

Blogger Template by pipdig