9.09.2016

What I'm Excited to Wear This Fall

While true Fall is still weeks away in Nashville, like every other blogger, I am positively dreaming about what I’ll get to wear when the season rolls around. To be honest, I’m usually a few seasons late to trends (for better or for worse), so while some of these picks are super trendy right now, others of them are simply that: things I’m excited to wear this Fall. Fall being the most magical time of year, obviously. Bring on the pumpkin spice!

1. drawstring pants {exact} | I’ve been wearing my cargos & longing for loose linen pants that can also be hi-waisted. Old Navy (fave) has exactly what I’m looking for. I would wear those with a sweater + booties so fast!

2. velvet {similar} | I’ve actually been a huge fan of velvet since…well, forever. Imagine my excitement to learn that it’s in style! I have a velvet pencil skirt I need to re-style, I also came across ^ this velvet tee & I'm OBSESSED.

3. clogs with socks {very similar} | You already know I’m obsessed with clogsclogs with socks is a look I’ve also grown to love. I’ve dabbled with it before, but how adorable are clogs with patterned socks? I’m determined to try again and be a little braver with my sock choice.

4. button-front skirt {similar} | This may be the trendiest piece of the Fall, & I need one! I’m not too keen on wearing a mini-skirt to work, so I’m dreaming of a corduroy midi (so 70’s!) ^ This Topshop one is sold out, but there are so many great options: here, here, and here.

5. cat eye sunglasses {similar} | I need to up my sunglasses game, for sure. I love the alternative “cat eyes” that are popping up all over; colors, prints, sky’s the limit! A few pairs I love here, here, and here.

6. camel coat {very similar} | I can’t get over how chic this entire combo looks. I think it’s fair to buy a new coat for the year (esp. since I lost my favorite coat) & it might have to be a timeless camel. I like the ones that look more “oversized blazer” than “peacoat/trench."

7. lace up flats {similar} | This is the shoe of the moment and I am totally into it. Something about lace-up flats seems sexy but still sweet (& comfy- oh how I love flats!) Once again, Old Navy has a pair that I would be perf!

8. dark lipstick {could be exact?} | On the beauty front, dark vampy lipstick is everywhere. Ashlyn has been bold enough to wear black (& looks fantastic!) I would love to try out a very dark purple. I love lip color, but this would be a step out of my comfort zone! I came across this super handy pin of the best drugstore dark lip colors, also interested in my go-to lip in their darkest shades NYX / Stila.

9. maroon turtleneck {similar} | I’m dreaming of an over-sized sweater with a turtleneck/cowl neck that I can wear with absolutely everything! A neutral color will also do, but this dark maroon seems too perfect for the season.

10. plaid + a new hat {similar} | This is a twofer! I already have a green plaid just like this, & I also got my hands on the perfect plaid for Fall (via thredup.) What could feel more Autumnal?


This is the first time I’ve ever done a seasonal wishlist, and I’m hoping it will help me be a smarter and more responsible shopper; and overall, give me a better sense of what I want my style to be like.

What’s on top of your list to wear this Fall? If you’ve done a preview/lookbook/style story, share the link below, I would love to see it! 

As of {too} early tomorrow morning, I am off to NYC for a very quick, very belated birthday trip with my Little Peanut (NYC super fan.) The odds have been in my favor this afternoon, which means I should be able to check off most of my Fall shopping wish-list this weekend in the city that never sleeps. Look for some Fall preview outfits in the coming weeks! TTYL!
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig