11.30.2016

Current State of the Union, 11.30.16

Currently / life:
+ Hey out there! If you're anything like me, you're a) wondering how in the hell it is already the last month of the year and b) feeling a little anxious about the holidays. If I'm being honest, I'm actually feeling doubly anxious this time around...but you know, we're gonna make it!
+ November was a good month. It was a little quieter around here, which I'm totally ok with. I debuted a few more pieces in my Fall Uncapsule, including leopard pants, metallic pants, and my velvet bomber jacket.
+ I was also so excited to finally share photos (and my speech!) from my brother's wedding back in August, and so glad to bring Thankful Thursday back to the blog (for Thanksgiving.)
+ Like every month, I'm sitting here like, another month come and gone and what did I actually do apart from work and blogging? Well, my dear friend Rachel came to spend the weekend in Nashville, most recently I spent the long holiday weekend at home (with nothing but memories to show for it!) and otherwise, I've just been hanging around.

Currently / pop culture:
+ Insecure - HBO | Is my favorite show on TV right now. Have you guys seen this yet? The very best part of the show is Issa & Molly's friendship, which is everything I've ever wanted in a best friend AND MORE.
Joanne- Lady Gaga | I have to confess that sometimes, I include albums on here that I've only just started listening to, and therefore, later when I'm really into them, I have to re-share. So that's Joanne. Have you guys listened yet?? This album is phenomenally great. If you're expecting Bad Romance, I'll have to worn you that it's full of more funky, Americana, sounds, but I dig it 100%. Listen to (faves of the 'mo:) Diamond Heart, A-YO. 
HERO- Maren Morris | Maren won the CMA for "New Artist of the Year", which prompted me to give this album another listen, and it's been on constant rotation since. HERO is exactly what country music has been missing lately, right down to the heroine, Maren. This album is amazing. Listen to: Sugar, 80s Mercedes, Once. 
+ I saw Wet in concert last month and they were A MA ZING, so another reminder about them (they also released a couple new songs recently!) Listen to: All the Ways, It's All in Vain.
+ On a nostalgic note- this past rainy Monday I worked from home and Dashboard Confessional was the most perfect soundtrack. Don't forget about them! Listen to: Stolen, Bend and Not Break. 

*I'd love to connect with you on Spotify! Always listening to bad pop music & looking for new tunes*
NYX liquid lipstick
Currently / beauty: you already know I'm obsessed with NYX Liquid Lipstick, so here's something new for this month's beauty beat. I was gifted the NYX Liquid Lipstick sampler and have been eagerly trying out new shades, and here are my three new favorites (left to right.) Sorry if these photos are awk.
+ Sandstorm | I promise this is the equivalent of Soft-Spoken for those with fairer skin, and a super nude for me.
+ Cherry Skies | A gorgeous, vampy dark red. Did someone say holiday party?
+ Vintage | A more brown-red, that has to be the stand-out of my new faves. I wore it in this post and felt like J.Lo.

*I first met my MLBB, Soft-Spoken through ipsy! Sign up for ipsy/Birchbox for $10/month OR gift them to someone you love (I did this for my sisters last year, & it was a hit!)*

Currently / Nashville: When Rachel came to town, I was re-acquainted with my favorite bars on Broadway in Music City, so today it's the "Where to go on Broadway" edition! This route is tried & true.
+ I like to start at The Stage for some fun country jams that aren't too bro-y, in an environment that's not too crazy (pro-tip: go through the back alley entrance- trust me!)
+ Next up is Robert's Western World, "the original honkytonk", where you can get a bologna sandwich and PBR for $5, along with some rad, more traditional sounding jams and adorable old people line dancing.
+ I like to end the night at Honkytonk Central for several reasons: three story views of the entire, neon Broadway strip, and a rowdy band on every floor, but mostly because you won't want to be there unless you've had a few drinks and are about ready to go home :)
shoppingNovember
Currently / shopping: this was almost a *wish-list* for the first time, then I did some Cyber Monday shopping.
+ I picked up some super cheap drapey tees from Old Navy with Cyber Monday + super cash deals (as I was picking out a few Christmas presents, of course.) I have a few boyfriend tees from Old Navy and wear them out, so I figured it was a good time to stock up.
+ I still have a few seasonal holes in my closet, namely black booties. I ordered a pair from Target, fingers crossed, & also ordered this pair of OTK boots because they were super on sale & I've been dying for a pair! Stay tuned.
+ Then this is purely wish-listing, I'm in the final rounds of picking out my outfit for our holiday party, and how amazing is the holiday/Jacquard collection that Old Navy has out right now? These pants are amazing (and sold out) so is the companion jacket, but I'm wondering if I'd ever wear them otherwise...OH, and they have a jumpsuit!

Currently / on the nightstand: I'm in the middle of three different books right now :)
+ East of Eden - John Steinbeck | So while I didn't finish this in time to send it back with Rachel like I hoped, I am over half way done, and determined to finish it! I can say so far I totally understand why this is a classic, and also I have to be 110% focused while I read this or I miss everything.
+ The Devil in the White City - Erik Larson | I put this on my Kindle for the trip home and have barely started, anyone out there read this? It supposed to be historical non-fiction meets crime drama to which I say- yes please!
+ Sweetbitter - Stephanie Danler | Carina loaded me up with books when I went home (as she does!) and this is the one I've started first. I've heard Carina rave about this book since we were in NYC when, fun fact, we actually saw the author out & about (yeah, how did Carina recognize her? No idea!) Super excited to read this!
Untitled
Oh, here's one picture from Thanksgiving- we went wine tasting in Healdsburg! 

Ok, that's all for now! I'd love to hear what you're currently into and up to, in life, pop culture, beauty, Nashville (or your city ;), shopping & wish-listing, and on your nightstand! Share below!!

Plenty of gems in my back log of Current States, which you can find right here.
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig