1.11.2017

heart-ly speaking

KQ2A0301
KQ2A0294
KQ2A0313
KQ2A0293
| lip: Tarte | button-up: Old Navy via thredUP | dress + belt: boutique in Memphis {similar} | socks: Target | 
| clogs: Old Navy {similar} |

all photos by Adriane Smith Creative
**looking for a talented & affordable wedding photographer this Spring in the Southeast? Adriane is your girl!**

First outfit post of the New Year! Woo-hoo! 

How’s everybody’s 2017 so far? I’ve been reminded of how much I absolutely *love* this time of year- because (especially after the bustle of December) nobody has anything going on! I’m feeling good- I’ve taken some time to list out some goals for the year, and already started chipping away this month! I’m also very excited about how travel plans are shaping up for the year! More on all of that, soon. 

As far as style goes, it's been interesting to look over My Favorite Outfits from 2016 and reflect on how I feel my style changing. And it is changing. Beginning with compiling my Fall Un-Capsule, that I based on simply what I wanted to wear last Fall, I started noticing that I was gravitating towards different things. 

Here are the facts: I'm 25, by no means old, but working in a professional setting, albeit a very casual one. As I reflect on the direction I want my style to go in 2017, I'm leaning more towards neutral colors, classic pieces, and generally a more grown up version of my personal style, "quirky classy." I will never be able to give up bright colors or prints altogether, but I know there's a way to make them look and feel more grown up than my college wardrobe. 

I'm still in the experimental phase of how to dress like an adult but not be totally bored. My best examples so far? Leopard trousers, a sheath dress in the best bright print, sparkly shoes with a tailored outfit. With more to come, soon! I'm sensing a trend here, though: classic pieces (trousers, sheath dress, flats) in fun colors or prints (leopard print, ...leopard print, glitter.) 

All this to say- this is probably the worst outfit to illustrate how I believe my style is shifting lately. But I can't promise I won't throw in an occasional heart print or some pattern mixing, and I'm still obsessed with clogs with socks

Oh p.s. - I know being into neutrals is nothing revolutionary, in fact, it's like, trendy right now. I was just shocked to be so into it after years of dressing like a Scandinavian art teacher.

So how do YOU feel your style shifting in 2017? Better question- how do you dress up the bright/playful pieces you used to love to make them relevant for your life today?

shop the look below:
SHARE:

No comments

Blogger Template by pipdig